[Sưu tầm] Phone interview

Tình hình là mình có vài cuộc gọi để phỏng vấn, do đó, mình làm cái post này để tổng hợp những thứ mình tìm được để việc phỏng vấn thành công.

Ngôn ngữ phỏng vấn là tiếng anh nhé.

1. Tips

Be Prepared to Interview

Prepare for a phone interview just as you would for a regular interview. Compile a list of your strengths and weaknesses, as well as a list of answers to typical phone interview questions. In addition, plan on being prepared for a phone conversation about your background and skills.
Keep your resume in clear view, on the top of your desk, or tape it to the wall near the phone, so it's at your fingertips when you need to answer questions.
Have a short list of your accomplishments available to review.
Have a pen and paper handy for note taking.
Turn call-waiting off so your call isn't interrupted.
If the time isn't convenient, ask if you could talk at another time and suggest some alternatives.
Clear the room - evict the kids and the pets. Turn off the stereo and the TV. Close the door.
Unless you're sure your cell phone service is going to be perfect, consider using a landline rather than your cell phone to avoid a dropped call or static on the line.


Practice Interviewing

Talking on the phone isn't as easy as it seems. I've always found it's helpful to practice. Have a friend or family member conduct a mock interview and tape record it so you can see how you sound over the phone. Any cassette recorder will work. You'll be able to hear your "ums" and "uhs" and "okays" and you can practice reducing them from your conversational speech. Also rehearse answers to those typical questions you'll be asked.

During the Phone Interview

Don't smoke, chew gum, eat, or drink.
Do keep a glass of water handy, in case you need to wet your mouth.
Smile. Smiling will project a positive image to the listener and will change the tone of your voice.
Speak slowly and enunciate clearly.
Use the person's title (Mr. or Ms. and their last name.) Only use a first name if they ask you to.
Don't interrupt the interviewer.
Take your time - it's perfectly acceptable to take a moment or two to collect your thoughts.
Give short answers.
Remember your goal is to set up a face-to-face interview. After you thank the interviewer ask if it would be possible to meet in person.

After the Interview:
Take notes about what you were asked and how you answered.
Remember to say "thank you." Follow with a thank you note which reiterates your interest in the job.

Source: http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/interviews/a/phoneinterview.htm

2. Phone Interview Questions About You

What are you looking for in your next job? What is important to you? - Best Answers
What is your greatest weakness? - Best Answers


When I'm working on a project, I don't want just to meet deadlines. Rather, I prefer to complete the project well ahead of schedule.
Being organized wasn't my strongest point, but I implemented a time management system that really helped my organization skills.
I like to make sure that my work is perfect, so I tend to perhaps spend a little too much time checking it. However, I've come to a good balance by setting up a system to ensure everything is done correctly the first time.
I used to wait until the last minute to set appointments for the coming week, but I realized that scheduling in advance makes much more sense.
Sometimes, I spend more time than necessary on a task, or take on tasks personally that could easily be delegated to someone else. Although I've never missed a deadline, it is still an effort for me to know when to move on to the next task, and to be confident when assigning others work.
I had difficulty with calculus during college, but I persevered with tutoring assistance and extra effort and completed 2 levels with a B minus average.
I've learned to make my perfectionism work to my advantage at work. I am excellent at meeting deadlines, and with my attention to detail, I know my work is correct.
I used to like to work on one project to its completion before starting on another, but I've learned to work on many projects at the same time, and I think it allows me to be more creative and effective in each one.What is your greatest strength? -
What is your greatest strength?

When I'm working on a project, I don't want just to meet deadlines. Rather, I prefer to complete the project well ahead of schedule.
I have exceeded my sales goals every quarter and I've earned a bonus each year since I started with my current employer.
My time management skills are excellent and I'm organized, efficient, and take pride in excelling at my work.
I pride myself on my customer service skills and my ability to resolve what could be difficult situations.

Describe a typical work week. -
How would you describe the pace at which you work? -
How do you handle stress and pressure? -
What motivates you? -
Tell me about yourself. -
Questions about your career goals. - Best Answers
What type of work environment do you prefer? - Best Answers
How do you evaluate success? - Best Answers
Job interview questions about your abilities. - Best Answers
More job interview questions about you. - Best Answers

Nguồn http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewquestionsanswers/a/phoneintervquest.htm

Then, good luck :D







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Tài liệu] Guqin - Cổ cầm

葬花吟 - Táng Hoa Ngâm - Burry the Flower ( Sheet )

[Tiếng Hàn] Cách viết thư của người Hàn